Integrated Logistics Support
We supply Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) services to the MoD and private sector industry to achieve the maximum availability of a system at the minimum Whole Life Cost (WLC).
CDS has a strong pedigree in ILS, with extensive experience in providing these services across all phases of the Concept, Assessment, Design, Manufacture, In-Service and Disposal (CADMID) cycle.
Working in accordance with DEF STAN 00-600, our team of ILS engineers are accomplished in assuring the delivery into service of military equipment and systems, at the minimum Whole Life Cost (WLC).
We analyse equipment and system designs using established ILS techniques such as:
- Logistics Support Analysis (LSA)
- Reliability and Maintainability (R&M) Predictions
- Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
- Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) Analysis
- Level of Repair Analysis (LORA)
- Human Factor Integration (HFI)
These techniques are used at the Concept stage, influencing the design in order to enhance the Availability, Reliability and Maintainability (AR&M) characteristics of the proposed solution. We also provide Life-Cycle Costing Analysis (LCCA), which can give an early indication of the cost impact of entry into service and enable the cost implications of different support strategies to be reviewed.
Once the Design of a product has been finalised, we support the Entry into Service (EIS) and Whole Life Support (WLS) of the equipment or system by offering services including:
- Training Needs Analysis (TNA)
- Design and Delivery of Training Courses
- Technical Publications
- Ease of Maintenance Assessment (EMA)
- Initial Provisioning and Spares Recommendations
- Logistic Support Analysis Record (LSAR)
- Spares Modelling
- Obsolescence Management