Service Integrator reporting
With outsourcing in the UK facilities management sector expected to grow by 5% annually over the next few years, market value forecasted to reach Â£23.2 billion by 2018, (as reported in the recent Facilities Management Outsourcing Report undertaken by AMA Research), the likelihood of further M&A activity and the emergence of the service integrator model – the FM market is certainly riding some interesting times.
The M&A activity is creating organisations with expanded capabilities in Property Asset Management â€“ organisations that are not just a property agent, but can also take on board the management of Facilities and Capital programmes to name but a couple.
Almost in an attempt to match the supply that organisations are forming, the integrator model is a fairly new concept and one which I wanted to explore further. Many of you may well be considering this model on the back of recent tender opportunities with Met Police, London Fire and Emergency Planning Authority, Mayorâ€™s Office for Policing and Crime and most recently DWP and NHS Property Services who have recently gone out to market for a service integrator. More expected soonâ€¦
So what is the role of the Service Integrator?
The Service Integrator is responsible for managing, supporting and enhancing the estate. The Integrator is independent of the delivery supply chain and will normally be excluded from the self-delivery and any of the traditional services. This creates independence and an impartial role for managing and auditing performance and contract compliance.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Procurement of the delivery supply chain and demobilisation of incumbent supply chain
- Contract management of the second tier supply chain
- Monitoring and measuring the performance of the supply chain against agreed performance metrics
- Providing data reporting solutions to consume and aggregate performance data against agreed metrics
- Monitoring and reviewing data and management information to provide corrective actions with the emphasis of improving performance
- Reporting to the customer and providing accurate analysis of performance and resolution of issues arising
The diagram illustrates what a sample data infrastructure may look like for meeting the Service Integrator reporting needs. It includes data collection and a reporting layer that provides contractual reporting to the customer.
The importance of the reporting solution
A fundamental tool in the Integratorâ€™s armoury is a reporting solution to manage supply chain reporting and onward reporting to the end customer. The solution must be flexible to allow data to be easily consumed independent of the supply chain operational systems used and then aggregated to report against customer KPIs. From our discussions with organisations considering the integrator model, many are struggling to deliver an innovative customer reporting solution. Without this, it is significantly impeding on their ability to bid for integrator roles.
CDS property reporting solution Asset Factory provides an innovative client reporting application that allows you to consume and aggregate data from each of your supply chain partners operating within each of the service pillars and provides innovative onward customer reporting.
The application is available either as a SaaS solution or can be deployed within your environment as a white labelled application.
Using Asset Factory allows you to:
- gain complete transparency and assurance across your entire supply chain
- monitor performance of individual supply chain partners against your service level KPIs
- create real time reporting to ensure performance levels are maintained and risks are mitigated.
Performance data is presented on dynamic dashboards that allow you to gain visual and actionable insight that helps drive action and meet your responsibilities as the Service Integrator.
Once you have established the supply chain reporting needs and the consumption of performance data, information can be aggregated, presented and deployed in a mobile customer reporting application. This provides intelligent management of the FM supply chain contract and provides visibility of performance against service contract KPIs. Furthermore, it provides an agenda to drive supply review meetings and brings innovative real time reporting to the table.
- 2 way reporting in one simple to use application â€“ meeting service integrator reporting needs
- Innovative reporting solutionÂ – providing a differentiator when competing in the market place
- Flexibility â€“ data integration layer can consume data from web services, data upload, email etc
- Tune the performance of your supply chain – this willÂ help you understand problem areas.
- Visual Insight â€“ allows you to surface data to identify trends and spot anomalies e.g. performance against previous period
- Emphasis on actionable analytics â€“ each piece of data shows current performance against previous period and allows you to take necessary action
- Data ownership â€“ able to bring your supply chain data into your environment thereby enabling you to swop in/out suppliers at the end of contracts with no risk of data loss or lag.
- SaaS service –Â benefit from associated commercial benefits â€“ known costs, flexible, low maintenance, speed to market, lower cost, leverage vendor investment
Catch up with our latest blogs from thought leaders in PropTech and Asset Factoryâ„¢ related news.
Asset Factoryâ„¢ demo
The best way to understand how Asset Factoryâ„¢ could deliver real value to your business is to see a demo. Our expert team in the UK would be delighted to arrange a demo for you.