Property Asset Management
Do you have the best people and technology helping you to effectively manage your property assets in the digital age?
Cabinet Office Government Property Unit Utilisation dashboard, developed by CDS
CDS’ experience in the property asset management sector is substantial. For over 10 years we have been, and remain, the primary designer and supplier of the nation’s largest property asset management database.
Based on our experience we have some tough questions to ask you.
Are you managing a property asset or a liability?
The key questions to ask are:
- Are you in control of your property assets?
- Do you want to realise the value of your property estate?
- Do you want to use your assets to help organisational performance?
- Do you want to know your risks and liabilities?
- Do you want to see your property trends for the next year?
- Do you want to have all this information at your fingertips?
- How do you intend to accomplish all of the above?
Property is typically the second highest cost in a business or government department after staff salaries and learning and development. We believe it makes sense for you to manage Property assets as professionally as you do your people.
Need help figuring out where you are on the digital property asset management journey?
In today’s digital economy the mismanagement of property assets presents a risk to organisations.
Factors to consider include:
- Creating a cost base that is so high as to restrict your ability to effectively compete.
- Making decisions that turn out to be costly because they were not validated against your data.
- Locating your business in a city or locale that talent is simply not interested in commuting too.
- Misdirected investment leading to higher loss and lower retention of your most prized asset – people.
- Blocking innovations in customer or citizen service that prevent effective, as well as efficient, transactions. Examples range from “click and collect” to healthcare in the community.
- Creating a capital value anomaly whereby your property holding is more valuable than your business.
Property asset management often starts with the wrong assumption – that property is fixed cost overhead – when increasingly property in general or properties within a portfolio are a serious liability. We should stop taking the default view that the property we operate from is a fixed cost overhead and manage it increasingly as a deliberate and flexibly deployed part of our business strategy.
A single view of your property assets
We believe that you need trusted and independent advisers who are experienced in digital asset management and have facilities and property know-how to design best in class asset management solutions.
We believe that you cannot take control of your property assets without all of the data in all aspects of property:
- Real Estate
- Facilities Management
- Capital Investment
Too often organisations manage and support clients in only one area and therefore present a silo’d view to the client. CDS provide and independent, combined view of Real Estate, FM, Energy and Capital Investment.
You can only make informed decisions when you possess the facts based on solid, standardised data.
We also believe that these insights should be delivered in an easy to understand and intuitive, user-friendly format. Our aim is to deliver actionable insights, where the clever technology that underpins everything does not get in the way of a great user-experience.
CDS Digital work either with or for:
- The Government Property Unit/ePIMS
- Investment Property Databank (IPD)
- Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Valuation Office Agency (VOA)
- Land Registry
- Ordnance Survey
Our asset management data and intelligence services:
- Manage over 9.2 million square meters of office space in the U.K
- Have identified and then realized more than £1 billion in property freehold sales receipts
- Have identified a currently targeted £4.5 billion in sales or savings opportunities.
- Tracked a 12% reduction in carbon emissions across the central government estate
- Identified the opportunity and support the realization of a reduction in operational expenses of £200million per annum.
- One key service CDS designed, developed and support has seen data and user growth of 1000% (starting at nearly 1 million square meters it grew to 10 million square meters) of tracked and optimised occupied space in 5 years.
So…. we understand property.
We have and are delivering primary digital/online websites and products for:
- Cabinet Office
- Transport for London
- Wesleyan Assurance
- Compelo Media
- ABC Media
- General Medical Council
- Aberdeen Asset Management
- And many more
So…you know we also understand digital.
Talk to us about your asset management requirements!