User Experience Design
Our User Experience (UX) design service ensuresÂ that your new website or application delights users while meeting their needs. The benefits of UX design are outlined below.
UX design process meeting.
Our approach to User Experience (UX) is similar toÂ the Government Digital Service’s (GDS). We followÂ the guidelines set out in theÂ GDS service manualÂ and take the same iterative approach to design and development.
Our aim is to:
- delight your customers by meeting their needs and preferences,
- maintain a careful balance with your business goals.
Benefits of UX design
Designing to ensure your customers receive an awesome customer experience will:
- Make your business more profitable through increasing conversions, transactions and improving reach and traffic.
- Increase customer loyalty through greater user satisfaction, ease of use and building trust.
- Give you a competitive advantage through reducing errors, cutting operational costs, enabling you to launch new products more quickly to market and reducing ongoing development costs.
We design based upon an explicit understanding of users, tasks and environments.
- Users are involved throughout design and development through a combination of stakeholder interviews, focus groups user testing sessions.
- The design is driven and refined by user-centred evaluation.
- The process is iterative.
- The design addresses the whole user experience.
- The design team includes multidisciplinary skills and perspectives.
By adopting a user-centric approach, we increase the effectiveness and efficiency of a website or application which in turn translates into positive user experiences and increased uptake of digital services.
The six phases of our user experience cycle are illustrated below.
Click the image to see a large version.
We appreciate that one size does not fit all and we will therefore work with you to define the level of activity within each phase based on the project scope, KPIs and overall budget.
For more detailed information about our UX design processâ€¦