Scanning, data capture and processing
We offer intelligent data capture solutions at the cutting-edge of capture services and information management.
Our scanning, data capture and processing service enables us to intelligently capture data and index images for subsequent import into client Electronic Content or Document Management systems.
Are you missing an opportunity to make substantial savings? The average cost for office space is Â£30 per sq ft. which means ten filing cabinets could be costing your company Â£11,000 per year in rent.
By using sophisticated processes to automatically recognise and classify documents and capture data turns paper documents into electronic records available at the touch of a button. Clients benefiting include:
- Higher education
- Local and Central Government
- Blue light services
- Banking and Finance
- Energy and utilities
Our scanning, data capture and processing services are rigorously controlled, with CDS achieving certification to ISO 9001:2008 (Quality Management System) and BS 10008:2008 (Evidential Weight and Legal Admissibility of Electronic Information certification).
Our scanning services provide the highest quality image capture from your documents including:
- intelligent blank page detection and removal
- content-based rotation
- automatic de-skewing
- double feed detection
- images can be scanned up to 600dpi
- capture images in:
- black and white
- spot colour, or
- full colour
- multiple page and scanned file formats including:
Document sizes range from A7 (business card) to AO (Engineering Drawings).
90% of organisations have not reviewed their archive and document processing arrangements within the last three years.
Data capture and processing
Barcode recognition is the most efficient way to capture index data printed on documents. If your project is to scan new documents on an on-going basis, we can help redesign them to include barcodes so at the point of creation they can be read quickly and accurately. If it isnâ€™t possible to print barcodes on documents, we can create barcoded coversheets to place between files before scanning.
Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
OCR is used to:
- convert characters in an image into dynamic data
- perform word searches to find a required set of text/documents or to extract indexing criteria
As part of a large batch file conversion, OCR is a cost effective alternative to manual capture and indexing multiple fields and sections of documents.
We can offer three types of indexing:
- electronic â€“ we are provided with an electronic file against which records are to be scanned and matched
- paper based â€“ we are provided with a paper based data set against which records are to be scanned and matched
- manual â€“ data is held with a documentâ€™s paper record. Double key entry is used for accuracy with captured fields keyed twice by different operators. This enables any mis-matches to be instantly corrected